Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Second Mortgage over 10%, Can I Refinance It?

Question: About 10 months ago I purchased a property with no money down, my credit scores were in their high 500’s and our property value now has gone up by 20% since we purchased the property. I have a prepayment penalty on my loan and I would like my payments to be reduced. What should I do?
Ken Go: This caller, I spoke with about 4-5 months ago, I reviewed their credit history and advise them a few things. I recommended for them to apply for two more credit cards because they have very few trade lines. I advised them to pay off the small credit cards, use only one major card and do not close any open accounts. With the payments of the mortgage being on time, two new credit accounts and two other open accounts with zero balances. The scores of this borrower increase to 660 in 5 months. I am not recommending for them to pay off the first mortgage due to a very high prepayment penalty. They also still want to enjoy the interest only payment on it. So, we refinance their second mortgage to a 7% fixed rate mortgage, which lowered their payments by $80.00 with some cash out to pay off minimal debts. This client knows they will refinance this loan again when they are ready for a fixed rate mortgage. That is why this loan they got is a “NO CLOSING COST” loan; nothing was also added towards the loan balance.

Thank you so much for your inquiries, I enjoy very much giving advice and helping our readers obtain better financing. Please call or write to kennethgo@verizon.net , call (888)-822-5363 or visit our website for California Home Loans.

1 comment:

dishnetwork tv said...

Persistence is the key getting approved for bad credit mortgage loans.
There are quite a few factors that you have control over to get approved faster and easier. There are guidelines that most lenders go by do your research find them out
If you know them, and follow them the battle is over.
unable to get financing.